MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University women’s basketball team could not stop a hot-shooting Marian squad on Wednesday night, falling 115-77 in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. The fourth-ranked Knights shot 54.5-percent from the field to give the Pilots all they could handle. Kelsey Brickner matched a season-high with a team-leading 21 points.
- Score: Marian def. Bethel 115-77
- Records: Bethel (6-13, 0-7) | Marian (17-2, 6-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Marian – No. 4
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kelsey Brickner – 21 pts, 2 reb, 6-of-11 fg
- Savannah Feenstra – 14 pts, 4 reb, 6-of-9 fg
- Sydney Williams – 12 pts, 1 reb, 2-of-4 3-pt
- Sierra Miller – 9 pts, 5 reb, 1 stl
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots were shooting 50.0-percent from the field through three quarters before going cold in the fourth, shooting just 5-for-17 in the final stanza.
- The Pilots outscored the Knights 32-25 in the second quarter, shooting a blistering 12-of-17 from the field.
- Kelsey Brickner matched a season-high with 21 points.
- Sierra Miller set or matched season-highs in points, rebounds, and steals.
- Marian came out of the gate with 34 points in the first quarter, shooting 6-of-12 from three-point range. They opened the second half with 36 points in the third quarter, going 14-of-23 from the field in the period.
- The Pilots were outrebounded 45-23 and were outscored 19-6 in second chance points.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Goshen to take on the Maple Leafs on Saturday at 1:00 pm.