- Marian (21-4): Deaglan Sullivan netted 16 points for the No. 4 (Class 3A) Knights in their 46-23 win over Jimtown.
- Northridge (21-5): Drew Gayler’s seven points helped the Raiders to a 60-38 win over Warsaw.
- Adams (22-4): Sydney Jeffries’ 10 points were not enough for the Eagles against Culver Academy.
- Saint Joseph (17-6): J.R. Konieczny netted a career-high 42 points in the No. 5 (Class 3A) Indians’ 68-66 overtime setback to Marian.
- NorthWood (18-6): Ben Vincent came up with 16 points in the Panthers’ 49-32 win over Wawasee.
- Jimtown (17-7): Bill Pawlak finished with nine points for the Jimmies against Marian.
- Washington (14-10): Demarcus Vaughn’s 15 points were not enough for the Panthers in their 55-47 loss to Marian.
BEST OF THE REST
Elkhart Memorial (13-10): Brackton Miller finished with six points in the Chargers’ 70-51 loss to Northridge.
Glenn (14-9): Robby Porter came up with 15 points in the Falcons’ 53-50 overtime loss to Jimtown.
Mishawaka (12-11): Trent Johnson finished with 16 points for the Cavemen in their 52-39 loss to Adams.
New Prairie (13-13): Braydon Flagg recorded 17 points for the Cougars in a 61-47 loss to Hanover Central.
Riley (12-11): Blake Wesley closed out the season with 24 points in the Wildcats’ 62-41 loss to Culver Academy.
Warsaw (13-10): Jaylen Coon came up with nine points for the Tigers against Northridge.
Wawasee (14-10): Ethan Hardy was limited to six points for the Warriors against NorthWood.
BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR
Bremen (6-18): Reece Willis managed 13 points in the Lions’ 60-57 loss to No. 8 (Class 2A) Central Noble.
Clay (5-18): Verrontae Johnson tallied 13 points in the Colonials’ 59-48 loss to Jimtown.
Concord (1-20): Gavin Smith mustered nine points for the Minutemen in their 60-40 loss to Northridge.
Elkhart Central (8-13): Luke Teich had 13 points in the Blazers’ 52-51 loss to Penn.
Goshen (11-12): Drew Hogan’s career-high 30 points didn’t prevent the RedHawks from suffering a heart-breaking 57-56 setback to Warsaw.
Penn (10-14): Derek Derda accounted for all 11 points in the second half of the Kingsmen’s 58-54 overtime loss to Warsaw.
Plymouth (6-17): Tanner Feece recorded eight points for the Pilgrims in their 66-24 loss to Culver Academy.
A 29-9 (76 percent) record during sectional week left me with an overall record of 266-81, which was good for 77 percent for the 2019-20 season.