UPLAND, Ind. – The Bethel University men’s basketball team used a 62-point outburst in the final 20 minutes of action to run past Taylor 100-64 in the Crossroads League Tournament Semifinals on Saturday. The Pilots shot 76-percent from beyond the arc in the second half to turn a one-point halftime deficit into a 36-point statement win. TreVion Crews led the Pilots with 29 points, 8 rebounds, and 8 assists
- Score: Bethel def. Taylor 100-64
- Records: Bethel (22-10) | Taylor (17-15)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Taylor – not rated
- Location: Odle Arena | Taylor University | Upland, Ind.
- TreVion Crews – 29 pts, 8 rebs, 8 ast
- Grant Gelon – 23 pts, 8 reb, 6-of-10 3-pt
- Keonte Jenkins – 15 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast
- Gavin Rasler – 15 pts, 3 reb, 6-of-11 fg
- Maxwell Newman – 3 pts, 7 reb, 4 ast
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots shot 21-of-30 (70.0-percent) in the second half, including 16-of-21 (76.2-percent) from the three-point line.
- The Pilots improved to 8-1 against Taylor in the Crossroads League Tournament.
- The Pilots will appear in their 13th Crossroads League Championship game in program history—their first since the 2016-17 season. They are 9-3 in league title games.
- The Pilots hit double-digit three-pointers for the 19th time this season and are 16-3 when they make at least ten three-pointers. Their 20 treys made is the second-most this season and second-most in program history.
- The Pilots travel to Marion, Indiana on Tuesday to take on top-seed and NAIA #3 Indiana Wesleyan for the Crossroads League Tournament Championship at 7:00 pm. The Pilots and Wildcats have met four previous times in the championship game, with each team winning pair of titles, the Pilots in 2009 and 2007 and the Wildcats in 2010 and 2015.