- 15/16 INDIANA (14-3, 4-1 B1G) VS. RV/RV NORTHWESTERN (14-2, 4-1 B1G)
Thursday, January 16, 2020 • 7 p.m. ET
Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall • Bloomington, Ind.
Live Stats: Statbrodcast
Promotions: First 150 students with valid ID will get an Indiana Women’s Basketball crew neck sweatshirt (south lobby) | IU Knothole Kids Club Day: All IU Knothole Kids Club Members receive free admission to the game by showing your membership credential at the Ticket Windows
ABOUT THE COACHES
|Teri Moren||Joe McKeown|
|Career Record: 316-199 (17th Season)||Career Record: 704-348 (35th Season)|
|Indiana Record: 117-69 (6th Season)||Northwestern Record: 71-120 (12th Season)|
ABOUT THE WILDCATS
Northwestern also sits at the top of the Big Ten standings at 4-1 after a pair of wins over Minnesota and Purdue last week. Junior guard Lindsey Pulliam averages a team-high 18.5 points per game while senior centers Abbie Wolf and Abi Scheid are both in double figures with 11.4 points per game. The Wildcats are holding opponents to just 53.3 points per game – which ranks second in the Big Ten.
Indiana leads 40-38
2/26/19 – L, 49-69 (Evanston, Ill.)
- The Hoosiers are looking to bounce back from its first Big Ten loss of the season at Iowa in double overtime on Sunday, 91-85. Junior guard Jaelynn Penn paced her squad with 24 points on 6-for-10 shooting.
- IU ranked in the top 20 in six different statistical categories in the NCAA this season. Their 3-point field goal percentage defense is sixth in the country (24.2) while their field goal percentage ranks eighth (.483). In addition, their field goal percentage defense ranks 13th (.344) and are 19th in free throw attempts (345), free throws made (238) and scoring margin (+19.8).
- Four players are averaging double figures for Indiana behind a team-high 13.0 points from redshirt junior guard Ali Patberg.
- Sophomore forward Aleksa Gulbe has taken her game to a new level in conference play, averaging 11.8 points and 6.8 rebounds in the last five games. The Riga, Latvia native is coming off a game where she scored a new career-high 18 points at Iowa.
Indiana will play two games on the road next week traveling to No. 20 Maryland on Monday and Penn State on Thursday. Both games will be broadcast on Big Ten Network.