MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University women’s basketball team struggled from the field in a 76-44 loss to #RV Indiana Wesleyan on Saturday afternoon. The Pilots were just 14-of-52 (26.9-percent) from the field, while Jessica Erwin was the only Pilot to reach double figure scoring with 13.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Bethel 76-44
- Records: Bethel (6-16, 0-10) | Indiana Wesleyan (16-6, 7-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Indiana Wesleyan – Receiving Votes
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Jessica Erwin – 13 pts, 2 stl, 4-of-7 fg
- Maggie Deboy – 6 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast
- Savannah Feenstra – 6 pts, 5 reb
- Emma Printz – 6 pts, 2-of-2 3-pt
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots were outscored in the paint 36-12.
- The Pilots allowed 17 offensive rebounds to the Wildcats and were outscored 19-6 in second chance points.
- The Pilots’ 44 points is the fewest in a game since scoring 32 on January 7, 2017—also against Indiana Wesleyan.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Fort Wayne to take on Saint Francis on Wednesday at 1:00 pm.