Brickner Nets 1000th Point, but Pilots Fade in Second Half
MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University women’s basketball team fell for the ninth straight time in Crossroads League play, losing to #RV Mount Vernon Nazarene 93-69 on Wednesday night. Kelsey Brickner became the 24th member of the 1,000 Point Club in program history on a nifty ‘and-one’ opportunity in the first quarter and finished with a team-high 14 points.
- Score: Mt. Vernon Nazarene def. Bethel 93-69
- Records: Bethel (6-15, 0-9) | Mt. Vernon Nazarene (14-7, 4-5)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Mt. Vernon Nazarene – Receiving Votes
- Location:Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kelsey Brickner – 14 pts, 4 reb, 3 ast
- Savannah Feenstra – 11 pts, 8 reb, 8-of-12 ft
- Emma Printz – 10 pts, 3 reb
- Jessica Erwin – 8 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Kelsey Brickner topped the 1,000th point mark for her career in the game. She is the 24th player in program history to reach the milestone.
- The Pilots led 33-28 with 3:05 remaining in the first half but allowed an 11-3 run to close the half to trail by three at halftime. They were outscored 54-33 in the second half.
- The Pilots committed 21 turnovers and were outscored in the battle for points off turnovers by the count of 33-7.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Saturday to take on #RV Indiana Wesleyan at 1:00 pm.