MOUNT VERNON, Ohio – The Bethel University women’s basketball team dropped their final road contest of the season on Wednesday evening, falling to Mount Vernon Nazarene 77-61. The loss, coupled with Spring Arbor’s victory over Goshen on Wednesday, officially eliminates the Pilots from Crossroads League postseason play, guaranteeing them no better than a ninth-place finish. Kelsey Brickner led the Pilots with 20 points, while Maggie Deboy filled the stat sheet with 14 points, 9 rebounds, 4 steals, and 3 assists.
- Score: Mount Vernon Nazarene def. Bethel 77-61
- Records: Bethel (7-22, 1-16) | Mount Vernon Nazarene (17-12, 7-10)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Mount Vernon Nazarene – not rated
- Location: Ariel Arena | Mount Vernon Nazarene University | Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Kelsey Brickner – 20 pts, 1 reb, 6-of-7 ft
- Maggie Deboy – 14 pts, 9 reb, 4 stl
- Maci Heimlich – 9 pts, 3 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Kelsey Brickner passed 1,100 career points in the game. She currently has 1,113 career points and sits in 18th in program history.
- The Pilots committed 22 turnovers and the Cougars turned them into 16 points.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots play their final home game of the season on Saturday against Goshen at 1 pm.