MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University women’s basketball team used a strong fourth quarter performance to overcome the Spring Arbor Cougars and get their first Crossroads League win of the season, 77-69, on Wednesday night in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. Savannah Feenstra led the Pilots with 19 points and 9 rebounds, while Emma Printz provided a boost off the bench with 8 points and 3 rebounds.
- Score: Bethel def. Spring Arbor 77-69
- Records: Bethel (7-18, 1-12) | Spring Arbor (7-17, 2-11)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Spring Arbor – not rated
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Savannah Feenstra – 19 pts, 9 reb, 6-of-11 fg
- Kelsey Brickner – 14 pts, 5 reb
- Maci Heimlich – 11 pts, 6 reb
- Emma Printz – 8 pts, 3 reb, 2-of-3 3-pt
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots earned their first Crossroads League win of the season and their first since an 84-75 victory over Goshen on November 28, 2018, a span of 28 Crossroads League games.
- The Pilots led by as many as 11 points in the ballgame.
- The Pilots pulled down 50 rebounds, 18 on the offensive end, and won the battle of second chance points 17-10. Seven Pilots had at least four rebounds.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Winona Lake on Saturday to take on Grace at 1 pm.