KANSAS CITY, Mo. – College of Idaho moves up this week to claim the No. 1 spot in the fifth edition of the NAIA DII Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll. The Yotes captured 11 first-place votes and Morningside (Iowa) earned one.
Top 25 Highlights
- The No. 1 Yotes have won 19 straight games and are the first team in Cascade Collegiate Conference history to be 18-0 in conference play.
- This is the third-time College of Idaho has been No. 1 all-time (once last season and the very 1st NAIA Division II poll that was released in 1991-92).
- Grace (Ind.) made the biggest improvement moving up ten spots to No. 13. The Lancers have collected wins over Bethel (Ind.), Taylor (Ind.) and Saint Francis (Ind.).
- No. 20 West Virginia Tech and No. 21 Dordt (Iowa) both joined the top 25 this week.
- Oregon Tech is started to play their best basketball of the year, The Hustlin’ Owls moved up four spots to No. 8 to join the top ten.
- Indiana Wesleyan holds the longest active streak in the poll with 89-straight appearances.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes”
- For the complete Top 25 calendar, click here.
2019-2020 NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 – Poll 5 (Feb. 19)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||2||College of Idaho ||25-3||312|
|2||1||Morningside (Iowa) ||25-2||296|
|4||4||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||26-2||284|
|9||10||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.)||20-7||223|
|10||11||Washington Adventist (Md.)||22-7||207|
|11||19||Holy Cross (Ind.)||23-5||203|
|12||17||Antelope Valley (Calif.)||22-4||193|
|16||14||IU Kokomo (Ind.)||23-5||156|
|18||15||Saint Francis (Ind.)||19-9||142|
|24||22||Mayville State (N.D.)||20-4||80|
Dropped Out: Mount Marty (S.D.) and Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio)
Receiving Votes: Indiana East 46, Northwestern (Iowa) 46, Spring Arbor (Mich.) 40, Montreat (N.C.) 38, Bellevue (Neb.) 28, Mount Marty (S.D.) 21, Indiana Tech 13, Indiana South Bend 9, Southwestern (Kan.) 8, Northwest (Wash.) 8, Mount Vernon Nazarene 8, St. Thomas (Fla.) 5